Sunday, May 7, 2017

We Didn't Start the Fire

Disclaimer: The thoughts in this blog are my own opinions. Names (if any) have been changed in order to protect everyone's privacy. The thoughts in this blog do not address Amway directly, but rather the motivational organization known as URAssociation (URA).

As time has progressed since my departure from URA, I've reached out to a couple people from the team that have left as well. EVERY person from that team has either left, or I'm confident has left. Whatever their status, the pictures of hopeful smiles at CONferences, and inspirational quotes about success have disappeared. Our upline emerald is still active however, but he can afford to be with the ticket commissions. Matthew and I saw each other at a friends funeral, but neither of us went out of our way to speak. I still hold no ill will.

One person that I've talked to fairly regularly since my departure is a girl named "Leigh." Leigh joined after I left URA but was still active in Amway. I left URA in October of 2014, but renewed my license in hopes that I could sell the product on my own, with no success. Leigh however was having a HUGE start to her business. She was friends with our upline platinum's fiancee (now wife) and came out swinging! She was selling the product like hotcakes and reached 6% very early.

She was placed on my downline, so I reaped the "benefits" of her success, though I didn't make squat because I wasn't selling enough product. But over time in my last few months in the "business" I noticed her numbers fell off a cliff. We had become friends on facebook and had been talking about her sales when she started, so I messaged her the rhetorical question of why she had fallen off. She first stated she was "taking a break" like so many people say, but I eventually got it out of her that the "business" was too much for her to handle. Leigh had a job, school and was engaged. The time that the platinum's fiancee and others were demanding out of her, like everybody else, just became irritating.

We talked about the problem with Amway's prices, the time they demanded interfering with work, and then Leigh finally dropped a bombshell on me.

Turns out she was listening to one of the CD's, you know the ones that if you don't listen to you'll fail at the "business" (LOL) and the speaker (she couldn't remember the name) said. "I drove by the firehouse one time and I see all these people just wasting their time."

This speaker was talking about the FIREFIGHTERS working a job that isn't going to make them financially free.

That was the last straw for Leigh, as she is a volunteer firefighter/EMT. That was a WTF moment for ME! FIREFIGHTERS WASTING THEIR TIME?????????

So let me get this straight...

If this speakers' big expensive mansion catches on fire, WHO is he going to rely on to put it out? Because firefighters don't need to be working that job when they can be pushing Amway products. I guess he must think Mr. King or Mr. Prince is going to Superman on over to their house, and put out the flames with perfect water!

What a dipshit!

The URA cult has reached a point where evidently we don't need firefighters, cops, military, etc. Amway is going to save the world! We'll fight ISIS with Rhodiola in our veins and we'll pelt them with full XS cans! And we'll bankrupt them by making them buy $18 shampoo! BUT OF COURSE, I'm surely mistaken as to what that speaker was saying as there is always some rationalized bullshit they'll use to cover up what they really meant.

Firefighters don't waste their time. They save lives. URA and other AMO big shots waste YOUR time, and ruin YOUR life.

Burn!

3 comments:

  1. URASucker --

    Nice article, and glad to see that you haven't given up on writing these stories. I definitely enjoy your personal experiences and the way you relate them to popular topics (i.e. the fantasy football post).

    I suppose I should find the idea of firefighters wasting their time astonishing, but these MLMs have fired off so many crack pot analogies and metaphors that this just seems like par for the course. I've been at this long enough to understand that these people will say anything to keep the charade going (sorry for the cliche), and there is no low point (sorry again for the cliche).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't quit man. I just wait for some inspiration to strike so I can write a decent piece. I'm trying to build MY OWN dreams. Real ones that are achievable without having to attend seminars and buy apps/website memberships! LOL

      I appreciate your support and will continue to give you some good reads.

      Delete
  2. I am glad I discovered this blog. I was in the URA organization for 2 years and my life has been so much better since leaving. Truly a joke. I have finally started a real online business and am making 1000x more than I would have ever made in Amway. URA is a cult, we were all tricked, but luckily we saw the light. Thank you for exposing them.

    ReplyDelete